– READING CHALLENGES –
1. Group book: THE WICKED DEEP, Shea Ernshaw
I wasn’t sure if I would actually read the group book for this bibliothon but I decided after a lot of consideration that I would. This was mainly because I did not have a copy of the book and I would have to go buy it. I am so glad that I am going to commit to the whole bibliothon though. I’ve heard great things from people about the wicked deep and the synopsis sounds great from what I’ve read.
2. Choose from someone else’s TBR – History is all You Left Me, Adam Silvera
I was a little lenient with this TBR challenge as I just looked at my friend’s goodreads want to read shelf and realised that I had a book on my TBR that she had on hers. We both agreed to put it on our TBR for this bibliothon as I have picked this up multiple times wanting to read it but never got round to it.
3. Try the first chapter of 3 books and pick 1 – Heroes of Olympus – The Son of Neptune, Rick Riordan / Little Liar, Julia Grey/ The Truth and Lies of Ella Black, Emily Barr
I haven’t picked which one of the three books I will read just yet, however, these are my three choices to read the first chapter of. I may do another blog post explaining my choices a little later on in the week. However, all three of these books are high on my TBR as I either recently bought them from the bookshop or in Heroes of Olympus’s case I read the first one very recently.
4. Read a book that has been on your TBR for over a year – Every Light in the House Burnin, Andrea Levy
I bought this book ages ago for a class at university but ended up not reading it for the class. However, I am still really interested in it and have read the first chapter before. I just need the motivation to continue to read the book. This could potentially be a five star read too
5. Read a predicted 5 star read – I’ll Give You The Sun, Jandy Nelson
I have heard such good things from friends about this book and I have wanted to read it for ages. I think this is a great time for me to actually dive into this book and see what all the fuss is about.
6. Own voices – different than YOU – History is all You Left Me, Aam Silvera. Every Light in the House Burnin, Andrea Levy
Both of these books have been used for different tasks on this challenge, however, I have quite a big TBR already and I think these two books will work well for own voices. Adam Silvera is male Puerto Rican and gay which is completely different from me. I have loved his books in the past and I am also hoping to love this one (it is also a predicted 5 star read for me) Andrea Levy, on the other hand, is English but her parents are Jamaican, her book explores a child in the 60’s born to Jamaican migrants (she was also growing up in the 60’s) I am really excited to delve into the world she has created.
7. Read the last book you bought – The Wicked Deep, Shea Ernshaw
The last book I bought was the Wicked Deep as I had to buy it for this challenge. So this is another book that fits into more than one category. I am really hoping to like this and the Uk paperback cover is beautiful!
The biannual Bibliothon runs from the 14th July to the 20th July and all the information can be found in the links below.
Happy Reading everyone xxx